Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Santo Domingo, a city with lots of firsts

Santo Domingo is a City with a lots of firsts. The first Cathedral of the New World, the 1st City hall, the 1st University, the 1st Hospital, the 1st Alcazar (Royal Palace), and many more. But it also is the place where I gave my first kiss, my first "trelelele" (if you know what I mean), where I watched my 1st game at the Stadium, and also the not so good experiences such as getting mugged. In summary this city has many firsts that I will always keep in a special place in my memory.

Santo Domingo es una ciudad de muchos primeros. Tenemos la primera catedral de América, el primer hospital, el primer ayuntamiento en el nuevo mundo, el primer palacio real, la primera universidad, y muchisimos mas. Pero también es  la ciudad donde dí mi primer beso, el primer trelelele (if you know what I mean), primer partido de pelota en el "play", y también los no tan felices recuerdos como cuando me atracaron por primera vez. En resumén, los muchos primeros que guardaré en un lugar especial en mi memoria.

Puerta del Conde - Place where our forefathers declared the Independence of the Republic.

Alcazar de Colón (1st Spanish Castle of the new World)

Viejo Ayuntamiento -First City Hall of the New World

Japanese Gardens at the Botanic Garden in Santo Domingo

Malecón Ave.

 Santo Domingo Este

Faro a Colón - Columbus Light House

 Franboyán Tree

Acropolis Shopping Center

Quisqueya Stadium

No comments: